Fox Valley Web Design’s custom websites (web sites) are a careful blend of marketing savvy, artistry, & responsive technology. We keep focus with uncluttered designs that guide users quickly and simply to the information you wish to present or sell securely online. We always seek the elegantly simple solution for our clients.
Responsive Website Design (RWD)
Increasing use of the internet on tablet and mobile devices has been the driving force behind responsive website design.
There is a multitude of different screen sizes across phones, tablets, desktops, game consoles, TVs, and wearables such as the Apple watch. Screen sizes will always be changing, so it’s important that your site can adapt to any screen size, today or in the future.
Responsive website design is an approach to web design aimed at designing sites to provide optimal viewing and interaction experiences for your end users—easy reading and navigation with a minimum of re-sizing, panning, and scrolling—across a wide range of devices (from desktop computer monitors to tablets to mobile phones). A flexible design to handle the multitude of different screen sizes.
Responsive web design is becoming more important as the amount of mobile traffic now accounts for more than half of total internet traffic. This trend is so prevalent that Google has begun to boost the ratings of sites that are mobile friendly if the search was made from a mobile device.
A responsive website from Fox Valley Web Design will increase your reach to tablet and mobile audiences on the world-wide web.
Just as everyone’s business is different so are your needs when it comes to website design. We start the web design process out with an initial evaluation of the current marketing you have in place and we offer a proven process to help you launch your first site or take your current site to the next level with a updated responsive design. We will start with your input at an initial meeting then evaluate your logo, current website, print materials and marketing you have in place so we can put together a plan along with a time schedule to accomplish the defined goals of the project. During the design phase we will provide professional design mock ups of the new site which we create with Photoshop & Illustrator. We then present the design layouts to you and make any requested changes until we have a design layout you are happy with, responds to all devices, and stays in line with your defined brand goals. After the design phase the project will move into the development stage where we bring the new layout to life on our development server so you can watch things come together.
The development process at Fox Valley Web Design is as follows:
- Plan – Research, Discover & Define
- Design – Graphic design for web / print, Photography, Video, & Visual
- Develop – Programming & CMS Setup, Content Layout, Photo / Video Editing, Social Media Setup & Integration,
- Test & Training – Monitor, Evaluate, & Refine, Content Manager Training, SEO Basic Training, Image Editing Basics, Google Analytics / Google AdWord Basics
- Launch – Optimize for SEO, Press Launch Button to take the site Live on the world-wide web
- SEO & Support – On-going SEO, Content creation for on-going Blog & Social Media & ROI Tracking
Content Management System’s (CMS)
If creating a website for your business is on the horizon, you may be wondering which content management system (CMS) is the best choice for you. Here’s a look at four of the most widely-used content managers we have setup for clients. All four are open-source software, each developed and maintained by a community of thousands. Not only are all four free to download and use, but the open-source format means that the platform is continuously being improved to support new Internet technologies.
There’s no one-size-fits-all solution here; it depends on your goals, technical expertise, budget and what you need your site to do. WordPress as a content manager is very user-friendly for non-developers and because of it’s a flexible platform WordPress is also capable of very complex sites. For a highly customized site requiring scalability and complex content organization, Drupal would be the best choice. For something in between that offers an easier learning curve, Joomla or Concrete5 content mangers may be the answer.
We have developed websites using all 4 of these content managers. We also are experienced with Dreamweaver, Adobe Muse and Freeway Pro. After years of experience we have found WordPress to be the cream of the crop for 80% of our clients due to the ease of use for users with little or no experience in managing a website. WordPress also has over 40,000 plugins & widgets that extend the functionality of your website.
Drupal – www.drupal.org – Drupal became an open source project in 2001. Drupal is a powerful, developer-friendly tool for building complex sites. Like most powerful tools, it requires some expertise and experience to operate. Drupal requires the most technical expertise of the three CMSs.
Joomla – www.joomla.org – Joomla was the result of a fork of Mambo in 2005. Joomla offers middle ground between the developer-oriented, extensive capabilities of Drupal and user-friendly Concrete5 & WordPress. Designed to perform as a community platform, with strong social networking features. Less complex than Drupal, more complex than Concrete5 & WordPress.
Concrete5 – www.concrete5.org – first developed in 2003, Concrete CMS is the engine behind many web applications, websites, stores and forums. While Concrete’s ease of use is attractive to those who edit their website on a daily basis, the flexibility behind the framework is appealing to developers. Concrete5 user base tends to have distinct sections of users, ranging from mediocre level folks to absolute experts, and a generous sprinkle of newbies.
Wisconsin WordPress Developers
WordPress – www.wordpress.org – first released in 2003, WordPress began as an innovative, easy-to-use blogging platform. With an ever-increasing repertoire of themes, plugins and widgets, this CMS is widely used for other website formats also. Your average WP user base includes a good section of folks who are absolute beginners to advanced experts.
You can visit the content manger websites above to find out additional information or call us with any questions. Because a majority of our clients use WordPress, here are some features on the WordPress content manger:
- WordPress is easy to use. You can easily add or edit your own content any time you want. If you’ve ever created a document, you’re already a whizz at creating content with WordPress. You can create blog posts and actual web pages within seconds, format them easily, insert media, add a video, integrate your social media and with the click of a button your content is live and on the web.
- Adding or building new features in WordPress is a snap. WordPress is infinitely customizable. You can add features, try new ideas, add new pages in minutes instead of weeks. WordPress has an arsenal of plugins made by enthusiastic WordPress developers that help extend your website.
- E-commerce made easy.
- Flexibility With WordPress, you can create any type of website you want: a personal blog or website, a photoblog, a business website, a professional portfolio, a government website, a magazine or news website, an online community, even a network of websites.
- Search Engine Optimized – Climb the search result rankings with your new WordPress website. The major search engines such as Google, Yahoo, or Bing love WordPress code. WordPress is optimized for search engines right out of the box.
- Social media and sharing compatible. Other outlets like Twitter, Youtube and Facebook can be fully and easily integrated with WordPress. Take advantage of more traffic and more visibility. Allow your audience to share your content with 1-click.
- Security – The WordPress Security Team is made up of approximately 25 experts including lead developers and security researchers. They continually update WordPress and consult with well-known and trusted security and hosting companies. It’s very important to discuss the topic of security regularly and we believe in taking a proactive approach to your website’s security, as we want to make sure to stay one step ahead of the hackers.
- Multilingual WordPress is available in more than 70 languages.
- Full Standards Compliance Every piece of WordPress generated code is in full compliance with the standards set by the W3C. This means that your website will work in today’s browser, while maintaining forward compatibility with the next generation of browser.
- WordPress is Constantly evolving. WordPress is a web-based open source software system that has been evolving for over the past 10 years. Hundreds of developers, and millions of supporters make the software better and better with each new release. There are over 40,000 different plug-ins available that provide additional functionality for WordPress. WordPress is supported by thousands of the website design, programming & hosting firms world-wide.
- WordPress powers more than 24% of the web — a figure that rises every day. Everything from simple websites, to blogs, to complex portals and enterprise websites, and even applications, are built with WordPress.
How much does it cost for a website?
In order for us to provide a quote we need to schedule an initial meeting or phone call to discuss your project. For appointments please call (920) 434-9772 or fill out our online form with the details of the proposed project. It is difficult to provide a cost of your project without knowing the details of your project & your goals. Common sense tells you that larger sites take more time to put together then smaller sites. After our initial meeting or phone call we will put the plan in writing and provide you with a free estimate. Fox Valley Web Design works on a first come, first serve basis. Contact us today to get started.
We have clients all over the United States including Green Bay, Appleton, Oshkosh, Milwaukee, Ashwaubenon, De Pere, Waupaca, Stevens Point, Wausau, Madison, Wisconsin Dells, Door County, Fox Valley, Sturgeon Bay, Fish Creek, Washington Island, Egg Habor, Sheboygan, Manitowoc, Two Rivers, Algoma, Howard, Suamico, Crivitz, Eagle River, Butternut, Park Falls, St. Croix, Eau Claire, Menasha, Neenah, Little Chute, Kaukauna, Hilbert, Chilton, Fort Akinson, Jacksonport, Carlsville, Ephraim, Chicago, De Moines, Minnesota, St Paul, Minneapolis, Twin Cities, Michigan, North Dakota, South Dakota, Illinois, Florida, Nevada, Las Vegas, Dallas, Texas, Missouri, Sister Bay, Gills Rock, Rock Island, Montana, California, New Mexico, Arizonia, New Jersey, New York, Maine, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Vermont, Rhode Island, Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, Colorado, Utah, Oregon and Washington.
All Roads Lead To Fox Valley Web Design LLC – Map to our office
Wisconsin Counties: Adams County, Ashland County, Barron County, Bayfield County, Brown County, Buffalo County, Burnett County, Calumet County, Chippewa County, Clark County, Columbia County, Crawford County, Dane County, Dodge County, Door County, Douglas County, Dunn County, Eau Claire County, Florence County, Fond du Lac County, Forest County, Grant County, Green County, Green Lake County, Iowa County, Iron County, Jackson County, Jefferson County, Juneau County, Kenosha County, Kewaunee County, La Crosse County, Lafayette County, Langlade County, Lincoln County, Manitowoc County, Marathon County, Marinette County, Marquette County, Menominee County, Milwaukee County, Monroe County, Oconto County, Oneida County, Outagamie County, Ozaukee County, Pepin County, Pierce County, Polk County, Portage County, Price County, Racine County, Richland County, Rock County, Rusk County, Saint Croix County, Sauk County, Sawyer County, Shawano County, Sheboygan County, Taylor County, Trempealeau County, Vernon County, Vilas County, Walworth County, Washburn County, Washington County, Waukesha County, Waupaca County, Waushara County, Winnebago County, and Wood County